Welcome to the Habduino Project
The Habduino Project has now been retired. Pages left here for reference.
For a modern balloon tracker we recommend FlexTrak
The Habduino Project was an open source sheild and code for Arduino™ designed to transmit the current location via a radio transmitter. Its features included :
- Compatible with Duemilanovo and Uno boards (Leonardo not supported)
- On board step up to permit operation from 2 x AA batteries.
- Ublox MAX8Q GPS designed for high altitude use.
- Optional 70cms frequency agile TCXO equipped transmitter for RTTY
- Optional 300mW 2 meter transmitter for APRS.
- Interrupt driven simultaneous APRS and RTTY transmission.
- On board temperature sensor.
View the legacy code and hardware designs on Github here.
Current Status :
The kit contained :
1 x Habduino Sheild.
1 x 0.5 Meter Cable Active Patch Antenna
1 x Battery Holder
1 x RG174 Pigtail to make an antenna with (See this guide http://ukhas.org.uk/guides:payloadantenna)